- Marketing and Outreach: promote awareness of Al-Bustan and its programs, ensuring consistency in messaging and branding. Use of multiple creative approaches to drive attendance to and participation in Al-Bustan classes, programs, and concerts. Maintain database of local/regional/national media contacts, including Arab and Arab American media outlets. Coordinate Media outreach including interviews, information requests, and media attendance at events. Marketing small supply of retail items.
- Communications and Data Management: coordinate and create communications with various constituents, including Board of Directors, patrons, donors, participants, media, etc. Utilize constituent relationship management software (Salesforce) in managing ongoing tasks and data. Create and schedule email newsletters (Constant Contact); update website content (WordPress); maintain profiles on member websites. Social Media Management: thoughtfully create content and social media calendar across Al-Bustan’s social media platforms, which currently include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Event Planning: coordinate plans for public events, recruit and train volunteers for front-of-house needs, manage box office, retail sales, and occasional Board receptions.
- Sponsorship: cultivate relationships with corporate/business sponsors.
Education: Masters degree in Arts Administration, Communications, or Marketing (or Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant work experience)
Experience: at least three years experience in arts administration and/or marketing and public relations related to arts and culture
- excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal communication skills
- able to take initiative and pursue creative solutions
- able to collaborate productively as part of a team
- able to work effectively with diverse constituencies
- well organized with ability to multi-task and coordinate overlapping activities
- proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite graphic applications
- proficient in constituent relationship management software (Salesforce)
- highly knowledgeable about, or with keen interest in, Arab arts and culture
- preferably conversant or fluent in the Arabic language
- preferably experienced with Constant Contact, Eventbrite, and WordPress
The Marketing Associate will report to the Founding Executive Director, work collaboratively with the Director of Programs and Director of Music Program, and manage several volunteers and staff members.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with 3 references to Executive Director
Throughout the year we invite artists with a particular interest and experience in Arab arts and culture to contact us. We also invite students or individuals interested in a work-study position, volunteer internship during the school year or as a camp counselor during the summer to contact us.
Al-Bustan is an equal opportunity employer.