As a mission-driven organization that has grown steadily over the past twelve years, we are looking to expand our programming with the help of an experienced professional who is passionate about our mission, eager to take the organization to the next level of growth, and assume multiple responsibilities, notably:
- Managing arts instructional programs in educational settings – working with teachers, administrators, and teaching artists in elementary/secondary/higher education institutions
- Planning and implementing public programs and artistic presentations – working with artists, presenters, and diverse community members
- Assisting in planning for development of an Arab cultural center and creating arts programming that is situated in the urban farbric and responsive to diverse communities
- Grant-writing and reporting to support the above programs
The Director of Programs will report to the Founding Executive Director, work collaboratively with the Director of Music Program and Director of Marketing, and manage several staff members and teaching artists.
Must have Masters degree in Education, Arts Administration, Urban Planning, or related fields
Must have at least 5 years experience working in non-profit arts or education institutions in at least two of these areas: arts education, presenting arts, and/or creative placemaking through the arts
• able to take initiative and pursue creative solutions
• able to lead and collaborate productively with a team
• able to work effectively with diverse constituencies (across cultural, religious, and socio-economic), from participants to community members and institutional partners
• excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal communication skills
• able to creatively engage with youth and adults
• well organized with attention to detail and ability to multi-task and coordinate overlapping activities
• proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite applications
• highly knowledgeable about, or with keen interest in, the Arab region, arts, and culture
• preferably conversant or fluent in the Arabic language
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with 3 references to Executive Director.
- posted 8/17/15
Throughout the year we invite artists with a particular interest and experience in Arab arts and culture to contact us. We also invite students or individuals interested in a work-study position, volunteer internship during the school year or as a camp counselor during the summer to contact us.
Al-Bustan is an equal opportunity employer.