posted January 15, 2017
Individual Giving Manager
Al-Bustan is seeking an experienced fundraiser to work part-time starting February 1st.
- Assessment and development of Al-Bustan’s individual donor program
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals
- Data management using Salesforce to establish an enhanced system of organizing and maintaining donor relations
- Planning a series of friend/fundraising events
- Part-time work in office and some weeknights and weekends, approximately 20 hours per week
- Education: Masters degree in Arts Administration, Fundraising, or Communications (or Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant work experience)
- Experience: at least three years experience in successful fundraising in the arts and culture sector
• excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal communication skills
• able to take initiative and pursue creative solutions
• able to engage effectively with Arab American community and diverse constituencies
• well organized with ability to multi-task and coordinate overlapping activities
• proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite graphic applications
• proficient in constituent relationship management software (preferably Salesforce)
• highly knowledgeable about, or with keen interest in, Arab arts and culture
This position reports to the Founding Executive Director and works collaboratively with all staff members and the Board of Directors.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume with 3 references to Executive Director at Contact Us.
Behavioral Fellowship (volunteer):
The Moffet Arab Arts After-School Program meets every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, 3pm-6pm at Moffet Elementary School. We request the ability to commit to at least one of the days the after school program meets on site, along with 2 additional hours for follow-up and assessment work, totaling 5-7 hours/week. Attendance of the students’ out-of-program performances and art exhibits is also expected. We will work with you to design the internship or fellowship that meets our needs, while also developing the interests and skills you have working with marginalized youth, arts and culture, educational programming, and multiculturalism.
Throughout the year we invite artists with a particular interest and experience in Arab arts and culture to contact us. We also invite students or individuals interested in a work-study position, volunteer internship during the school year or as a camp counselor during the summer to contact us.
Al-Bustan is an equal opportunity employer.